Friday, June 20, 2008

Noun 1. writer's block - an inability to write;

"She had writer's block; the words wouldn't come"
Yup, that would just about sum it up.
So here it is. My "writing blog", the place where I'm going to sit myself at the computer and make those fingers tippity tap on the keyboard until something worthy scrolls across my screen (insert snort here). Ok, the concept was good in theory. Unfortunately the monkey that has been sitting on my back for several years has not decided to shift his furry little backside just because I've resolved to be "serious."

And now the pressure is on. I've announced my blog. Heck I've invited readers of my family blog to "come on over" and take a read. The hit counter is already registering in the 50's (although you can probably take off 20 from me playing with the formatting) and I've only had this site active for two days. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining that people are coming here. I think writing on a regular basis in a blog that no one is reading would be somewhat akin to talking to yourself. Eventually I would probably start commenting on my own posts and that would be just weird. I actually encountered that once on someones page. It was as if they had an alter ego and they would make snarky shots at people who happened to make the mistake of leaving a comment. It was disturbing, kind of like a virtual ventriloquist's dummy making smart remarks. I will try to refrain ... which reminds me, I've forgotten to play with my blog settings.

Ok, well I'm off to procrastinate, er organize the site a little more. Hopefully tomorrow I'll come up with a really clever topic, or the next day ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

find nice special blog -

[url=http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_s134m?tab=Comments] bontril phentermine adipex [/url]

http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_s134m?tab=Comments
[url=http://trailfire.com/adipex_online_s134m?tab=Comments] adipex no prescription [/url]