Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Our baby's all grown up! (sniff)

Well today it will be official (at least in her mind). Our five year old will become a "big kid". Today she will cross over that momentous threshold from kindergarten into grade one. No longer allocated to the front of the bus. No longer segregated to "little kid" part of the playground. Personally I'm not quite as enthusiastic about her new status. It makes me a little emotional and melancholic, my little peanut no longer a baby ... Yet as I see her rolling off on the bus for the last time as a kindergartener, beaming from ear to ear, how can I not share in her joy and pride. (sniff)

2 comments:

Shari said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shari said...

"It's the last day of school Auntie Shari" Maia excitedly said to me on the phone this morning. She's certainly growing up quickly and into a wonderful young girl.