Monday, September 15, 2008

A little good news is hard to find

Since my last couple of posts have been about writing I wanted to do something off topic today. I started thinking about current events trying to find something to blog about. Not a lot of good news out there. We've got the mudfest that is the election south of the border and the snooze-fest of an election that is going on here at home (I could write a page about the insanity that is the Sarah Palin phenomenon and lead that the Conservatives hold here in the poles, but my husband will think I've developed an obsession). Ike is too tragic. The economic chaos is troubling. Yep, good news is hard to find. So I'll give you some of my own ...

My youngest daughter's brain MRI was negative.
My washing machine repair will be partially covered by the warranty.
The wheeze/squeak in my chest is almost gone. The cough is completely gone (until my kids bring the next virus du jour home).
I've lost 10 lbs and am now a size 4 again (no, I'm not one of those skinny bitches obsessed with my weight - I'm petite and believe me those extra few pounds do make a difference!)
Root and Sprout will be featuring another one of my articles in the next edition.

Nothing super major (except the MRI) or earth shattering. But the most important place to find the positives and celebrate the good things is right here at home.

6 comments:

Ray Veen said...

To spend any amount of time watching news these days is pretty terrifying. Thanks for sharing a list of good news, Tracey.

Weight-wise, are you an exerciser, a dieter or both? I ask because I spent 2007 losing 60 pounds.

Vikki said...

OMG, Tracey, so happy to hear your good news! I might have to hate you just a tiny bit for being a size 4, though :>)

Rosie said...

So elated about MRI.Size 4..gosh

Rosie said...

Oh yes and Palin is a bloody joke!! OOH I love British expressions!!!
She should stop shooting innocent moose

Tracey said...

BPV, I have been exercising (though not as much as I should/used to) and dieting, sort of. We prefer to think of it as modifying our eating habits.LOL We're loosly following WW, eating what we want, but watching our portions and being more aware of the calories in junk food.

Viv, don't hate me cause I'm size-challenged! LOL I wish I was taller so I didn't have to worry about a few extra lbs so much. Ah, to eat chips!!

Rosie, it's not just the moose. She's trying to get the poor polar bears kicked off the endangered species list!

Ray Veen said...

Hey Tracey - now I'm looking at the pencil drawing of your head and picturing it on a four-foot body. Do you have any elfin blood in your heritage?

Actually I'm commenting to say "Go Portion Control!" I started to lose weight when I realized that I was eating enough daily calories for three grown men. I do work-out, but I attribute my success mainly to the glorious ways of portion control.

The bottom line in weight loss: burn more calories than you take in.