Sunday, December 14, 2008

Thought for the day ...

Actually, there are three of them. Today I received one of those friendship chain-letter email thingys. Usually I find them sucky and annoying and don't forward them on/return them (apparently not wanting to bother others with unwanted junk in their inbox makes me a bad friend). However, the one I read this morning had lots of great little motivational phrases and I actually made the effort to pass it on. Here are some of the words of wisdom contained therein:

My mind is like a parachute...it functions only when open.

The pursuit of happiness is the chase of a lifetime! It is never too late to become what I might have been.

If I lack the courage to start, I have already finished.

5 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I love those too!
Here let me add one to the list:


Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, throughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- ' WOW, WHAT A RIDE!!!!

Shari said...

I like those!

Ray Veen said...

I like Elizabeth's too. It makes me want to drink and dance more.

Here's mine: When life hands you a lemon, throw it back in their face and demand the orange you asked for in the first place.

(The late great Bill MacNiel.)

Amy said...

I love the second one about it never being too late to become what you might have been. It reminds me of something I read once (I think it was in The Artist's Way) where one of her students who wanted to go back to school said something like, "I'll be 50 by the time I finish!" And said, "And how old will you be by then if you don't go back to school?"

I always remember that when I try to make lame excuses about being too old to start something new!

david mcmahon said...

The parachute analogy is perfect - because a chute's direction depends on prevailing weather conditions, while it's possible for a skydiver to manipulate its direction.