Sunday, February 8, 2009

Props to the girl in the shiny silver dress

So my hubby and I are watching the Grammys tonight. The announcer introduces Kanye West. He starts singing. I'm thinking "he doesn't sound that great. Obviously he's someone who benefits from a little post-production ." Then this girl joins him on stage. She starts singing. Now I recognize the song. She's good. In fact, she carries the song, does most of the singing. I figure Mr. West will introduce her at the end. The applause fades. He acknowledges someone else and then introduces the next segment. There is obsolutely no mention of the girl with the voice standing next to him. I found this odd, and insulting for the singer. Out of curiousity I looked it up. It turns out the song isn't even Kanye West's. It's the girl's! Her name is Estelle. The single is "American Boy" featuring Kanye West. Bizarre. I think Miss Estelle needs to get herself a better manager or contract or something.

3 comments:

Sarah J Clark said...

WORD. ;)

Vikki said...

Man, he has the biggest ego!!!!! I didn't watch the awards, but I'm not at all surprised that happened. And I saw him on SNL a while back and he sounded AWFUL!!!!!

Bhavesh Chhatbar said...

Interesting! How can they just ignore her however?