Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Well, it looks like my article didn't make it into this week's paper after all, so sorry, no link. Hopefully next week. So this leaves me with a question about what to post. hmmm ...

I could rant about the hell that is the passport office, but many of you already know of what I speak, so that would be redundant. Although I will at least vent about the fact that you would think an office of the federal government would have a friggin' parking lot! What's with all the "no passport office parking" signs?!! I had to walk two blocks in the subarctic winds with my little babushka in a stroller. Not fun. Nor was the hour and a half wait. Or having to listen to the rednecks in the back of the room talking about "uneducated losers" who are now working as armed border guards and how they targeted the lead redneck as a terrorist (interestingly enough, because he looked somewhat like a demented Santa). Then they took a turn bashing Quebec ... Then, lucky us, demented redneck Santa zeroed in on me and the babuska and started quizzing me about her hearing aids. Weird. And uncomfortable. At least we made it out of there before I ended up with a parking ticket. The high point of my afternoon.

3 comments:

roscoepc1 said...

I'm sorry you had a bad experience. Brian and I were both pleasantly surprised by ours.

It probably won't help if I tell you the parking is behind the building, around the corner, will it? (I'll duck now)

So......waddya need passports for??? Huh, huh, huh?????

Tracey said...

There didn't seem to be any empty spots behing the building (might have been because every bloody seat in the waiting room was full + an "over flow" room).

No urgent need. R doesn't have a passport yet and after June everyone needs one for travel to the US, so we thought might as well get one (we were in London for another appointment). Next year we are taking the kids on a trip though. Same place you're heading soon! :)

roscoepc1 said...

Wow....the place was 1/2 empty both times we were there!

That's the best possible place to need passports for!