Thursday, August 28, 2008

My bad ... : (

Bad blogger. Bad writer.
When I started out with this blog it was supposed to be my motivation to park my behind at the computer for more than wasteful purposes and perhaps produce at least a paragraph of prose more than once a week. Well, it would seem that I have completely fallen off the wagon. Funny how life will get in the way of such pursuits.

Next week I vow to get put my writer's hat back on & hit the keyboard ... just after I get my five year old off to grade one, my three year old off to nursery school (not too hopeful on that one), take the same three year old for a sedated MRI (also not too hopeful on that one - she is currently terrified of hospitals) and get a hair cut ...

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I can whip you if you like.
You obviously need it ;)

Ray Veen said...

I feel your pain. My kids are going back to school next week, I'm looking forward to getting some more writing done, but it's always soooo hard to get started in the morning.

I've found it works best to sit down at my computer while I'm still bleary eyed, open my WIP, and read the last ten or fifteen pages or so. When I get to the end, usually my mind is working and my fingers start moving. Before I know it, my word count is climbing.

The internet's a killer, though. That's why I no longer blog everyday. If I make the mistake of opening IE, usually the next two hours are shot, and by the time I'm able to tear myslef away and force myself to start writing, I don't want to do it anymore. Suddenly it feels more obligatory - like work - and not so much the joy of creative expression.

So good luck to you next week. Hope you get lots of writing done. And thanks for linking to me, too. (I'm gonna go add you to my blogroll so I can see when you update.)

Tracey said...

Unfortunately I've come to the conclusiong that I'm going to have to haul my carcass out of bed before the kids are up to get myself going. That could be painful though since my oldest gets up at 7:00. Ideally when my toddler settles in at nursery school that will be my writing time.