Monday, October 13, 2008

Being schooled by my three year old ...

So yesterday we were at my inlaws. I busted my three year old for enhancing her grandmother's dining table decor by emptying and arranging a tray of ice cubes amongst the dishes. In her typical manner she wailed like I had just murdered her best friend and ran to my hubby to rat me out for being a mean mommy. When she found no sympathy there she headed upstairs. I followed her up and and found her standing quietly in one of the bedrooms. When I asked her what she was doing she said "I'm madding!" I tried not to laugh. How cute, I thought.
Everyone else oohed and awwwed at my pumpkin's cuteness when I told my story.
Well she's got the last laugh now. Out of curiosity I looked it up and guess what? Mad can be used as a verb! Who knew?! Other than my three year old, that is.

verb (used without object)
Archaic. to be, become, or act mad
Inflected form(s); mad.ded; mad.ding

5 comments:

Ray Veen said...

Have you had her tested for geniusness? (Because 'genius' can be used as a whatever part of speech I used it as)

Rhonda said...

That's just WAY too cute!

Tracey said...

Actually I think she possesses a great deal of geniosity, but I am her mother and somewhat biased!

Vikki said...

That is so awesome. They're frighteningly clever, aren't they? I'm quite sure that my son is the smartest child ever in the history of time. He points out octagons while we're out and about. OCTAGONS! He's not even 3! Maybe our kids should hang out and they could be geniuserific together.

Elizabeth said...

Purrr-fect material for a story.
What a darling your little one is.
I love that you too are a mean mommy.
Mean Mommy's unite!