Friday, October 10, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving, eh

As we embark on our Canadian Thanksgiving weekend I could post about the usual "this is what I'm thankful for." However, anyone who knows me knows what I'm thankful for and it's probably quite similar to what they themselves are thankful for. So, for a different spin on things here's what I am not thankful for:

1. A federal election here being held simultaneously with a federal election south of the border, both of which seem based more on mud-slinging than dealing with the serious issues that should be addressed.

2. The inevitability of a second term with Stephen Harper as the hapless leader of our country.

3. The fact that a serving of Pepsi counts as 3 w.w. points (particularly brutal when I'm only allowed 18 pts/day!)

4. That my computer seems to be dying a slow, painful death (but I will be VERY thankful for the laptop that my hubby has promised as its replacement when it finally meets its ultimate demise ... )

5. That my youngest has declared all out war with me on the potty-training front. The little wench is one obstinate chiquita, but I.will.have.victory.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable weekend with their loved ones. And to my American friends, while we may get to eat our turkey one month earlier, you get the Macy's parade and a four day weekend (as aforementioned obstinate preschooler would say "no fair!")

4 comments:

Vikki said...

I'm totally with you on #5! (well, and #4, though I haven't a firm promise for a new computer from hubby yet) But my son is downright appalled at my suggestions to go poo-poo in the potty. You'd think I was asking him to put a chicken on his head and parade naked through the mall (which he'd probably happily do, mind you).

We will have victory. Oh, yes, we will have it!!!!

Ray Veen said...

I don't know if you do this in Canada, but at Thanksgiving dinner growing up, we went around the table and everybody had to say one thing they were thankful for.

If someone rattled off a list of things they were NOT thankful for, they'd have their gravy privelages revoked.

Tracey said...

Oh, yes, Vivi, we will be victorious. I just have to convince my wee one that "mr. poop" really does prefer to be in the toilet, not her pants!

BPV, of course this post was completely meant in fun (thought I conveyed that). As I said, most who know me know what I am thankful for. I would never sit at the holiday table and air a list of gripes (that's what my blog is for!)Besides, no one is revoking my gravy privledges - I'm the one making the gravy!

Ray Veen said...

I still say you've lost the right to eat it. But hey, your house, your rules.

(I knew you were kidding - I was kidding too)