Sunday, October 19, 2008

Hippy Dippy Joy Joy ...

We spent the afternoon at my father's house today. As my hubby helped my dad with some outside work I felt myself at loose ends. I started poking around and discovered a treasure tucked away in my old bedroom closet. Years ago I packed and stashed one of my childhood favorites ... the Sunshine Family Craft Store. My intent was to save it for my future kids. Well, the future kids were happily playing downstairs, so why not break it out, set it up and let them enjoy a blast from the past.

As the store took shape I had to laugh. It is truly a relic of the 70's (totally dating myself here!). The faux bookshelves are stacked with such titles as Beginner Weaving and Pottery For Fun And Profit. There is a large macrame wall hanging adorning the shop. While there actually aren't any potted "herbs" to speak of you can almost smell some questionable aromas lingering on the premises. But what else would you expect from a family of dolls where the mother wears peasant skirts and sandals and the father sports a turle neck and dabbles in pottery?

3 comments:

Ray Veen said...

Huh. I never knew the liberal hippie commies made toys in the 70's.

Go figure.

Elizabeth said...

OMG I love it.
Were Jack Janet and Chrissy there?

roscoepc1 said...

I remember seeing that in the Simpson's-Sears catalogue!