Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fan-freakin'-tastrek!

It's not often I do movie reviews, probably because it's not often that I actually get to see a movie (unless you count watching Disney dvd's with my kids). But, today, thanks to the baby sitting services of my darling sis, my hubby & I busted out and went to see the new Star Trek film.


I LOVED it! My husband isn't completely sold yet, which surprised me since he's a big trekkie (well, not a Klingon-speaking-convention-attending grade of trekkie, but he is a faithful follower of the franchise). He had issues with the whole time-travel rehash, blah, blah, blah ... But, the casting was spot on (except for maybe Scotty), the special effects were spectacular and some of the action sequences (one particular scene involving Kirk and Sulu) were superb. I think someone who is familiar with the original tv series would especially enjoy this prequel, which chronicles how the crew of the Enterprise came together. There were many humourous moments that fans of the show would appreciate. And, who knew Spock could be sexy?! (the young one that is ... ). For that feat alone this flick deserves five stars!
Can't wait for the sequels! Two enthusiastic thumbs up!

3 comments:

Shari said...

We're going to the Saturday matinee this weekend...I can't wait!!!

Michelle said...

I loved it too! And I have never even seen an episode of Star Trek(gasp!). My husband is somewhat of a Trekkie too and he also had a problem with some of the time travel. Details, details. I thought it was great!

Shari said...

"And, who knew Spock could be sexy?! (the young one that is ... )."

I must confess, as a kid, I had a crush on Spock (the old one!) and you know what? I'm not the only girl I've heard that from! LOL