Friday, May 29, 2009

What a schmuck!

So today the pop culture world is all a-twitter. Archie is going to propose ... to Veronica.

Initially I was agast. As a former blonde (my hair has darkened with age, another cruel joke of father time) I always rooted for Betty as a child. Not only did our hair match, but she was the nice one. What does Veronica have to offer? Ok, she has crap-loads of money, but beyond that where's the substance?! She's spoiled and selfish ... I guess it's not surprising that Archie would do the stereotypical male thing and go for the bad girl with the big bank account. Good luck with that, and the pre-nup and the marriage lasting more than five years ...

Once I got over the absurdity of it all I realized that Betty is better off. He's been stringing both of these gals on for years and it's taken him how long to decide?! I say good ridance! Betty, honey, you're better off without him!

3 comments:

Ray Veen said...

Archie picked Veronica for the same reason girls are attracted to 'bad boys'.

It's a fundamental flaw in humanity.

(I picked my Betty, btw)

Tracey said...

That's why you've got your happily ever after!

Vikki said...

Okay, that just makes me MAD! I was always rooting for Betty. Archie is a tool!