Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm a wiener, I'm a wiener!

May I direct your attention to the shiny new web badge proudly displayed in my sidebar, the lovely colour-coordinated one with the viking ship. Yes, that's right, as of 10:56 pm I crossed that elusive NaNoWriMo finish line, and five days under schedule! I have been a writing fiend (mainly out of sheer panic).

What now? Um, bed. Then I'm taking a short break from the writing thing and focusing on a pile of holiday projects that are hanging over me. I have two Christmas stockings to make and embellish, a little sewing project for Santa Claus, a scarf to finish knitting, a gingerbread house to decorate, generally putting on my Martha Stewart hat (does Martha wear hats? ... anyways, you get the picture). I still plan on blogging though, to keep some writerly momentum going. Besides, I'd miss you guys.

Ok, off to do a little celebratory happy dance, then sleep. My brain is tired.

4 comments:

Shari said...

Good for you sis! I'm very proud of you! Luv ya!

Elizabeth said...

:->
I'm proud to know a wiener!!!!!!

Ray Veen said...

Congratulations! I've been nano-ing for three years and haven't won yet. In fact, this year, my word count was 5. The title. It's a monumental effort with a big emotional payoff, isn't it?

And somehow I missed that fact that you updated last weekend, so let me add that comment here: nice snow.

Vikki said...

YIPEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats, Tracey! It's a great feeling, isn't it? I failed miserably this year, but oh well. There's always next year.