Monday, November 3, 2008

Taking a brief pause from NaNo ...

.. to mourn the loss of Joaquin Phoenix. No, he hasn't died. But he has officially announced his intentions to retire from acting to pursue a music career. I am devastated. He is my ultimate favorite actor. He was just so deliciously creepy as the spitefully jealous Commodus in Gladiator and riveting as a troubled young Johnny Cash in Walk The Line. I could go on, but I'll get depressed. Since it would be horribly bad karma I won't selfishly hope for him to fail at his newest endeavor so that he will return to our movie screens where he belongs. Instead I will wish him well and savour his last film Two Lovers. sniff. Good bye Joaquin.

Swing away Merrill, swing away ...

4 comments:

Vikki said...

I know, I read that over the weekend and almost cried. I love him. He's everything an actor should be. I'll happily listen to his music, but it's just not the same.

Shari said...

WOW! I'll miss him too...he's amazing!!!!!! Love how you finished your post...swing away...

Unknown said...

i was surprised by this..loved him in ladder 49

Elizabeth said...

OMG I thought from your first sentence that he had died and my heart thumped in my chest. I love him. Well, at least he is still alive.
I have a feeling one day he will return to acting.