Friday, November 21, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas ...

Oh, yes. I don't know about where you may live (some of you Michiganers might know of what I speak), but it's been snowing here now for about five days straight. Not unusual for one of Ontario's "snowbelt" areas ... if it were January! We have over a foot of the fluffy white stuff out in the yard now and more if you look at the snowbanks lining the driveway where we have shovelled, repeatedly. It's crazy! And apparently we're not done yet.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm one of those twisted winter-enjoying types (winter-loving is too strong). We take the kids skating every weekend, we like skiing, tobogganing, snowshoeing ... but even I am not thrilled when winter decides to rear it's frosty head this early. At this rate the snow banks will be too high for me to shovel any more by Christmas (insert Ray's short joke here).

I'm trying to find the silver lining inside the snow squall:
1. the kids love it
2. we will have really impressive pictures to send to my youngest daughter's former foster family in southern China
3. I can finally bust out the funky chunky scarf I knit myself last winter
4. the Christmas decorations that we are going to put up tomorrow will look totally fab with all of the snow to set them off. Yes, my oldest convinced my dh to let the kids decorate the Christmas tree tomorrow while he clamours up the ladder to put up the lights outside. It's a tad early, but what the heck, might as well go with it.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I heard you guys got snow, what is up with that?
I too love the fall and winter months much. Not so in love with the hot summer. Oddness. Maybe it's the intovert in us.

Ray Veen said...

You've very nearly convinced me to be a 'winter-enjoyer'. Which is scary. Because I don't have a plow or a snowblower either.