Saturday, November 1, 2008

Work in progress!

I am happy to report that bright and early this morning I officially started Nano'ing. And yes, I hauled my sorry carcass out of bed at 5:00 a.m. And no, it didn't kill me. In fact, despite the lack of reporting on my sorry excuse of a word count widget, my tally for this morning is 1,915 words, 248 over the average daily requirement (to hit the 50,000 mark by November 30). Just like clock work, when I hit save after my last word count check my youngest rolled out of bed, but not until I had over two hours of uninterrupted writing time. I could really get into this early to rise thing (I might actually have to begrudgingly admit to my DH that he's been right all along - damn!)

3 comments:

Vikki said...

You go, you! I missed my 6:00am wake up because my dear son was up ALL night. Too much trick or treating or something. So I'm getting a late start, but I'll get my 1600 in once I get a decent dose of caffeine in me!

Elizabeth said...

Yay!
Cheering for you.
6am is rather a beautiful time of day once you can stop grumbling about it.

Shari said...

Good for you!!!!! Being an early riser myself...I love the morning.